What We Do
The Hawaii State Center for Nursing leads the coordination of the Hawai‘i Clinical Placement Collaborative (HCPC) comprised of Hawai‘i schools of nursing and clinical partners and supports the regional use of CCPS. This includes the coordination of partner enrollment and facilitation of collaborative engagement by partners through participation in HCPC state collaborative meetings aimed at strengthening clinical placements capacity in the State and responding to changing trends in healthcare settings and nursing education in Hawai‘i.
We are currently completing Summer 2022 placements!
The HCPC is headed by the HCPC Steering Committee comprised of member partners, clinical education coordinators and academic clinical placement coordinators to provide ongoing strategic direction for the program. The Steering Committee leverages their knowledge, experiences, and insight to address issues relevant to the placement of students in clinical rotations and the use of CCPS.
- ADVENTIST HEALTH CASTLE MEDICAL CENTER
- HAWAI’I PACIFIC HEALTH – KAPI’OLANI MEDICAL CENTER FOR WOMEN & CHILDREN
- HAWAI’I PACIFIC HEALTH – PALIMOMI MEDICAL CENTER
- HAWAI’I PACIFIC HEALTH – STRAUB MEDICAL CENTER
- HAWAI’I PACIFIC HEALTH – WILCOX MEDICAL CENTER
- KAISER PERMANENTE HAWAI’I
- THE QUEEN’S MEDICAL CENTER
- SPARK M. MATSUNAGA VA MEDICAL CENTER
- TRIPLER ARMY MEDICAL CENTER
Clinical Experience in Numbers AY 2020-2021
Est. Education Hours
Placements to Date
To date, the HCPC has collectively established more than 31,000 nursing clinical education placements in our partner facilities. We remain grateful for the continued collaboration of our clinical and education partners in their support of nursing education and the Hawai‘i nursing workforce.
- TRUST – Establish and maintain the highest levels of system integrity.
- MUTUAL RESPECT – Treat everyone as a valued colleague
- EDUCATIONAL EXCELLENCE – Ensure all students are enabled to realize their potential.
- COMMUNITY – Uphold a sense of “oneness” and cooperation with all stakeholders.
- OPEN & HONEST COMMUNICATION – Commitment to listen and share ideas
Greater efficiency is achieved through the elimination of redundancy and scheduling conflicts by utilizing one system that all coordinators access within a prescribed time period, creating an equitable, transparent, automated, and consolidated environment for both clinical and academic partners to secure and track nursing clinical placements.
“I think one’s feelings waste themselves in words, they ought all to be distilled into actions and into actions which bring results.”Florence Nightingale
Schedules, News, Updates & Spotlights
News and Updates
F: (808) 956-0547
M: (254) 654-5138